And we have a checklist for selling your Omaha home!
It may be a little chillier outside, but we are in the “Spring Market” for real estate in Omaha! People who are looking to make a move in April are seriously looking at homes right now. If you or someone you know currently own a home and are looking to make a move this spring, we’ve put together a checklist of what you should be doing to increase your Omaha home’s value and help ensure your property sells quickly and for the best possible price. First time seller? Click here for some important advice!
(Weather permitting – we’re all in the same boat so do what you can!):
- For everyone’s safety clear the snow from driveway and sidewalks
- Pressure wash the house & driveway
- Keep landscaping tidy, plant flowers
- Hide garbage & recycling out of view
- Paint or stain the front door
- Clear debris from roof and gutters
- Remove personal photos and collections
- Clear counter tops and bookshelves or clutter
- Organize closet & pantry spaces
- Put away pet and children toys
- Show your home not your things
- Repaint with light neutral colors (Rather have someone do the painting for you? We recommend CertaPro Painters!)
- Repair any torn window screens
- Fix dripping faucets and showers
- Fill in any missing grout
- Repair chipped tile or curling linoleum
- Clean windows inside and out
- Dust baseboards, cupboards & fixtures
- Clean appliances inside and out
- Professionally shampoo carpets and polish hardware
- Organize and clean the garage
We have a stager who will meet with you and go room by room to help you make a to-do list to show your home in the best light possible. Some of these items may sound daunting, but keep in mind a couple things:
- You’re moving. It will all have to get boxed and moved anyway, so do it now ahead of the game so that your home shows its best features.
- The goal is for you to do the hard work now so that you don’t have to keep your home in show condition for weeks or months. The more work you do at the beginning, the faster you will get a buyer and the faster you can go back to living as normal as possible until moving day comes.
What are you waiting for?
Dixie and Lindsey are here for all of your Metro Omaha / SW Iowa real estate needs. Call us today at 402-807-5667!